- 4 bell peppers (red or green)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes with peppers (such as Rotel)
- 1 can enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice (or Cauliflower Rice)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and seed bell peppers and cut in half from top to bottom. Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic. Drain any fat. Stir in chili powder, cumin, diced tomatoes, 2/3 cup of the enchilada sauce. Let simmer 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in cooked rice.
- Divide beef mixture into the pepper halves. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are cooked and cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and serve.